Thursday, December 1, 2011

1 : 25 {advent reading}

How is it that the first week of Advent is almost behind us?

Again this year, desiring to slow and savor, I will attempt to daily post a simple moment from our day... these full and beautiful days of sweet anticipation.

This year we have added two new books to our family library. During my morning devotions I am enjoying Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus: Experiencing the Peace and Promise of Christmas edited by Nancy Guthrie.


And for our evening family advent devotions I found a new book, Let Every Heart Prepare Him Room: Daily Family Devotions for Advent by Nancy Guthrie. There are daily readings beginning December 1st and ending December 31st. Each reading is followed by "Discussion Starters" and more scripture that reinforces the reading. Also, scatted throughout the book, there are Christmas hymns and a page or so written about each hymn.

Something else I am enjoying these days is Aunt Sadie's Famous Tree in a Can. I am easily overwhelmed by most scented candles. This one is just perfect. Next year, I may buy a case and spread the Aunt Sadie goodness...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin