Monday, December 6, 2010

Wonder : 1000 Gifts



“I would maintain that thanks

are the highest form of thought,
and that gratitude is happiness
doubled by wonder.”
- G. K. Chesterton


Wondering at His goodness to me, I keep counting...


0717
Christmas picture books pulled from the box. Eager to read them again and lots of "Oh, I remember this one... I love this one!"

0718
Church bells.

0719
Catching Will humming Amazing Grace while he works.

0720
Candy canes.

0721
The joy of gathering with old friends.

0722
Children's choir concerts and nativity plays.

0723
Peter-made sloppy joes.

0724
Watching my boys watch football. Never a still moment.

0725
Little friends' birthday parties.

0726
Hannah's extra time at the piano working on Christmas hymns.

0727
His hard-working, what-can-I-do-to-help attitude.


0728

When chores are cheerfully completed.

0729
Hearing, "Peter, do you want me to read you a book?"

0730
Kind dinner invitations.

0731
Friday night pizza and A Charlie Brown Christmas.

0732
The wonder of His love.

holy experience


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful list...I especially enjoyed the picture of your little boy and his wheelbarrow and his willing "what-can-I-do-to-help attitude"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the list! It's a wonderful thing to have little helpers with a great attitude. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the Chesterton quote--added it to my Great Quotes file! Thank you for sharing and for listing thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine my surprise when I saw your face on Ann Voskamp's page! Fun to read your blog and made me want to get back in touch, especially as I am considering homeschholing next year! Love to you and your sweet family, and hope to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I jumped over from Holy Experience. I happened to post the same quote today. Chesterton's comment on thanksgiving and happiness are doubled by wonder really hit home for me. What a joyous face your little man has... thank you for sharing his wonder with us today!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin