Thursday, July 24, 2008

Home Again

We're home! The car ride was as pleasant as it could be. The kids were so exhausted. I think they actually appreciated a day of physical inactivity. My husband was thrilled to have us fill the house again.

A few of my favorite things about being in Jacksonville...

  1. Sweet iced tea and the pace of life that accompanies it.
  2. Live Oak lined streets with Spanish Moss garland.
  3. A nightly bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream, giggling, and going through old photos with my mom.
  4. The sound of the summer night. Frogs and crickets put on quite a show.
  5. The lack of mosquitoes. They are so much worse in DC. I didn't put bug spray on the kids once.
  6. My parents' backyard pool. (And the comfort of the alarm on the back door)
  7. Ease of errands. Not once did I parallel park, park underground, or pay for parking.
  8. A cul-de-sac for bikes and scooters, tree swings in the yard.
  9. Seeing old friends at the grocery store. And the friendliest cashiers on the east coast. Publix - there is nothing like it.
  10. Being with family. Not just Mom and Dad... my sister, brother-in-law, niece, aunt, uncle, close family friends.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're home safely, Jen! Mint chocolate chip is my favorite. I'm looking forward to seeing my parents in week or so, here and in Maine...but there is something sweet about being in your mom's house. I miss it!
    I hear you on parking as well. Today, I paid a meter to park while at the church and then I was 15 minutes late and got a $25 ticket. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok,so that made me tear up a little. So sweet. It so fun catching up. Its great to have lifetime friends!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin