Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Saturday

The curriculum fair was a great experience. I spent hours flipping through books, buying some. (My Amazon Wishlist has grown significantly.) The whole thing didn't leave me feeling overwhelmed and weighed down as I had expected, but excited...and a little more ready.

Some things I bought...

For Hannah

For Will

My other fun Saturday event...
My dear friend Suzanne is about to have her fourth. She has 3 boys (7, 5, 3) and is due to have a GIRL mid-May. Her sister and I sensed her stress about the work involved in turning the rust-colored study into the baby girl's nursery. Being a busy mom with no specific plans for the room, she gladly gave us the project when we asked for it. Then her husband gave us a budget of $200 and primed the room for us. A few Saturdays ago, we went shopping for curtains/rod, bedding, a little lamp, some wall hooks, etc.. Last night (after spending all day with my 9 month pregnant friend at the curriculum fair!), her sister and I closed ourselves in the room and painted. Green and Pink and Daisies! Monday night we will pull it all together. I'll post a picture of the final product. A big thank you to my gracious husband for letting me have the whole day to play while he shuttled kids to birthday parties and dealt with naplessness.

2 comments:

  1. My son will be in 2nd grade this year and I am almost the same curriculum. This will be our first year using Saxon, so hopefully it will go well.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your blog tonight!
    Deb at www.shellinyourpocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin